The sixth annual Summer School of the Atlantic Association for Research in the Mathematical Sciences (AARMS) will be held in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics on the campus of Dalhousie University,Halifax, Nova Scotia, from July 15 to August 10, 2007.
The Chase Building, housing the Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
The summer school is intended for graduate students and promising undergraduate students from all parts of the world. Each participant is expected to register for two of the courses. Each course consists of five ninety-minute lecture sessions each week. These are Dalhousie University graduate courses and we will facilitate transfer credit to the extent possible.
As in the previous Schools, four courses will be offered:
- Instructor: Ed Barbeau, University of Toronto
- Statistical Numerical Integration
- Instructor: Alan Genz, Washington State University
- Mathematical Models in Ecology and
- Instructor: Frithjof Lutscher, University of Ottawa
- Introductions to Number Theory
- Instructor: Alf van der Poorten, Sydney, Australia
For more information about AARMS go to the homepage.
For further information contact
- Dr. Patrick Keast
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Dalhousie University
- Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Canada B3H 4R2
- Phone: (902) 494-7036; (902) 494-2572 (messages)
A list of accepted attendees is available in pdf form as of June 1st, 2007.