Home News Events Poster Publications PDF Program CRG Program Distinguished Lecturers Summer School Outreach Contact Online Services
- Centre de recherches mathématiques: With its world-renowned thematic programming introduced by the CRM in the 80's, its scientific workshops and outreach activities, its 1,500 annual visiting scientists from around the world, and ten laboratories directly involving more than 200 researchers from twelve major universities in Quebec and Ontario, the Centre de recherches mathématiques (CRM) is a major hub for the mathematical sciences.
- The Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences: Founded in 1992, the Fields Institute's mission is to enhance mathematical activity in Canada by bringing together mathematicians from Canada and abroad, and by promoting contact and collaboration between professional mathematicians and the increasing numbers of users of mathematics. Thus the Institute supports research in pure and applied mathematics, statistics and computer science, as well as collaboration between mathematicians and those applying mathematics in areas such as engineering, the physical and biological sciences, medicine, economics and finance, telecommunications and information systems.
- Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences: The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences (PIMS) was created in 1996 by the community of mathematical scientists in Alberta and British Columbia, and subsequently extended to both Washington State and Saskatchewan. Their mandate is to promote research in and applications of the mathematical sciences, to facilitate the training of highly qualified personnel, to enrich public awareness of and education in the mathematical sciences, and to create mathematical partnerships with similar organizations in other countries (with a particular focus on the Pacific Rim). PIMS funds Collaborative Research Groups, Post-Doctoral Fellowships and individual events on a competitive basis.
- Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute: To promote and strengthen the understanding and use of the mathematical sciences in Australia's culture, science and economy.
- New Zealand Institute of Mathematics and its Applications: The New Zealand Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (NZIMA) was established in 2002 to sustain and develop a critical mass of researchers in concentrations of excellence in mathematics and statistics and their applications; to act as a facilitator of access to new developments internationally in the mathematical sciences; to provide a focus on a source of high-level quantitative expertise in NZ across a range of areas; to assist and promote the engagement and application of mathematics and statistics, to other research disciplines and to NZ business, industry and local government; and to foster the development of knowledge and skills in the mathematical sciences in NZ, through encouragement, inclusion and support of students and early-career researchers, and outreach to schools, teachers and the general public.